Through the BCCFP, there are many ways for you to help teach and guide the next generation of family physicians.
Fundamental Teaching Activities (FTA) in Family Medicine
This guide was created to help family medicine teachers provide quality medical education to their students in Canada. The comprehensive framework describes the purpose of what you do as a teacher and helps inspire more practical and enhanced teaching activities.
The FTA Framework:
- Clearly outlines essential tasks for teachers in family medicine
- Provides a road map to guide self-reflection and continuing professional development
- Assists programs, departments and faculty members in developing strategies for faculty development
- Serves as an organizational framework for family medicine faculty development materials, tools and strategies, both locally and nationally
- Contributes to the field of faculty development in medical education
Resources for Fundamental Teaching Activities
The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) has developed resources—specifically for learners and for the clinical preceptor who teaches within and outside of the clinical setting—to support teaching and assessing the CanMEDS–Family Medicine Collaborator Role. View the CFPC resource page here.