The BC College of Family Physicians (BCCFP) is the professional home of family medicine in BC, and the only independent voice for the province’s family physicians. We provide leadership, support, advocacy and education for more than 5,500 members.
Provincially, we focus on providing continuing professional development (CPD) and networking opportunities for BC family physicians at every stage of their career; advocating for our profession with government and professional partners; and recognizing excellence in family medicine through our awards program.
Nationally, we are a Chapter of the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC). With more than 35,000 members across the country, the CFPC is the professional organization responsible for establishing standards for the training, certification and lifelong education of family physicians and for advocating on behalf of the specialty of family medicine, family physicians and their patients. The CFPC also accredits postgraduate family medicine training in Canada’s 17 medical schools.
As a member, you will gain access to invaluable resources and services that include:
- A national and regional network of family physicians
- Locally produced CPD that aligns with the needs and preferences of BCCFP members, offers value for membership, and dovetails with the Mainpro+ credit structure
- The BCCFP’s member-only CPD initiatives, including Resiliency Education and Learning (REAL) Groups (for small group learning) and 24-hour access online resources in the BCCFP’s Learning Vault
- Resources to help you gain your Certification in the College of Family Physicians (CCFP), the national standard for training and certification in family medicine
- The ability to recognize exceptional family physicians with a BCCFP annual award or College Coin
- Funding opportunities available from the CFPC or BCCFP, including scholarships, grants, bursaries and awards
To become a member, apply online or contact the CFPC at 1-800-387-6197, extension 423.