The BC College of Family Physicians (BCCFP) is the professional home of family medicine in BC, and the only independent voice for the province’s family physicians. We provide leadership, support, advocacy and education for more than 6800 members.
Provincially, we focus on providing continuing professional development (CPD) and networking opportunities for BC family physicians at every stage of their career; advocating for our profession with government and professional partners; and recognizing excellence in family medicine through our awards program.
Nationally, we are a Chapter of the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC). With more than 35,000 members across the country, the CFPC is the professional organization responsible for establishing standards for the training, certification and lifelong education of family physicians and for advocating on behalf of the specialty of family medicine, family physicians and their patients. The CFPC also accredits postgraduate family medicine training in Canada’s 17 medical schools.
As a member, we support you through:
- A national and regional network of family physicians
- Resources to help you gain your Certification in the College of Family Physicians (CCFP), the national standard for training and certification in family medicine
- Locally produced, industry-free CPD that aligns with the needs and preferences of BCCFP members, offers value for membership, and dovetails with the Mainpro+ credit structure
- The BCCFP’s member-only CPD initiatives, including Resiliency Education and Learning (REAL) Groups (for small group learning) and 24-hour access online resources in the BCCFP’s Learning Vault
- Access to regularly updated Resources to support family physicians through all stages of their career
- Advocacy campaigns to highlight your experiences as a family physician and amplify your voice to government and the public.
- Eligibility for the BCCFP awards and scholarships, which celebrate innovation and excellence in family medicine.
- Funding opportunities available from the CFPC or BCCFP, including scholarships, grants, bursaries and award.
- The BC-specific First Five Years Facebook group, which serves as a community for sharing information and seeking quick answers to your questions from peers.
By becoming a member of the CFPC, you become a member of the BCCFP. To become a member, apply online or call 1-800-387-6197, ext. 423.