The annual First Five Years of Practice Award is designed to recognize an exceptional family physician in the early stage of their career.
- The nomination period runs from early January to March 31
- The award recipient will be announced in May
This award will be awarded annually to a family physician in the first five years of practice who is a BCCFP member.
The successful nominee is someone who:
- Practises in comprehensive longitudinal family practice or works in an area that supports and values comprehensive longitudinal family practice
- Actively demonstrates the value of physician wellness
- A BCCFP Member
The successful nominee may also demonstrate active involvement in or commitment to any of the following:
- Leadership – such as committee membership at a local, provincial or national level
- Community involvement, including volunteerism, activism, advocacy
- Research or quality improvement
- Teaching – this may be formal or informal and can include teaching patients, learners or colleagues
- Policy development