The annual First Five Years of Practice Award is designed to recognize an exceptional family physician in the early stage of their career.
- The nomination period runs from early January to March 31.
- The award recipient will be announced in May.
This award will be awarded annually to a family physician in the first five years of practice who is a BCCFP member.
The successful nominee is someone who:
- Actively demonstrates the value of physician wellness
- Practises in comprehensive longitudinal family practice or works in an area that supports and values comprehensive longitudinal family practice
The successful nominee may also demonstrate active involvement in or commitment to any of the following:
- Leadership – such as committee membership at a local, provincial or national level
- Community involvement, including volunteerism, activism, advocacy
- Research or quality improvement
- Teaching – this may be formal or informal and can include teaching patients, learners or colleagues
- Policy development