The Family Medicine Advocate Award recognizes a BCCFP member who has demonstrated a strong commitment to advocating for the value of family medicine. This is a new award in 2020.
Congratulations to the 2020 recipient, Dr. Lawrence Yang.
Nominations for 2020 are now closed.
The successful nominee is someone who advocates for the importance of longitudinal, comprehensive family practice. They may demonstrate some or all of the following values:
- Social justice
- Evidence-informed care
- Collaborative, respectful relationships
- Reflective, responsive leadership
- Physician wellness.
The successful nominee demonstrates alignment with some or all of the strategic priorities of the BCCFP:
- Promotes and demonstrates the value of the specialty of family medicine
- Supports family physicians through all stages of their career
- Leads the development and delivery of relevant continuing professional development (CPD)
- Empowers family physicians to address the social determinants of health.