The BC Family Physician of the Year Award recognizes a family physician who provides exemplary care to patients and takes part in activities that contribute to excellence in family medicine. Congratulations to the 2021 recipient, Dr. Joshua Greggain.
The BCCFP may also nominate the recipient of this award for the CFPC Reg L. Perkin BC Family Physician of the Year Award.
The deadline for 2021 nominations is March 31, 2021. Nominations have now closed.
Please note that if you are a patient, you can honour your own BC family doctor with a nomination for our My Family Doctor Award.
This annual peer-nominated award provides an opportunity for BC family physicians to nominate a colleague who demonstrates some or all of the following qualities and experience:
- shows outstanding leadership (formal or non-formal) in areas of advocacy, community service, and/or education
- supports excellence in family medicine through activities that go beyond direct patient care, and may include involvement in community medical services, professional organizations or other contributions to the community
- demonstrates an interest in ongoing research
- serves in a teaching capacity
- advocates strongly for patients.
Previous successful nominations have typically included a number of supporting letters. Please include at least one supporting letter in your nomination.