|Inspired family physicians providing and supporting equitable, culturally safe, longitudinal care, for all British Columbians.||We are the heart of family medicine in BC, providing leadership, support, advocacy, and education.|
Advocate for relationship-based, comprehensive, longitudinal family medicine.
- Develop relationships with allies and external stakeholders to ensure the voice of family physicians is represented at relevant health care tables.
- Protect the term of “family physician” in BC and increase the understanding of the unique value of family physicians within government and external stakeholders.
Support, acknowledge, and celebrate family physicians through all stages of their careers.
- Nurture the future of family medicine by providing supports to medical students, residents, and family physicians in their first five years of practice.
- Build strong peer relationships amongst family physicians by supporting connections and networking across our membership.
- Celebrate family physicians through stories of impact and acknowledgment.
Advocate for culturally safe health care and demonstrate anti-racist approaches to address health equity.
- Meet BCCFP’s commitments within the Declaration of Commitment to Cultural Safety and Humility by forging and strengthening partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
- Build awareness and understanding of health equity and what it means to be anti-racist.
- Embed cultural safety and humility and anti-racism throughout the BCCFP’s work.