|Inspired family physicians providing and supporting equitable, culturally safe, longitudinal care, for all British Columbians.||We are the heart of family medicine in BC, providing leadership, support, advocacy, and education.|
Advocate for relationship-based, comprehensive, longitudinal family medicine.
- Develop relationships with allies and external stakeholders to ensure the voice of family physicians is represented at relevant health care tables.
- Protect the term of “family physician” in BC and increase the understanding of the unique value of family physicians within government and external stakeholders.
- Support and enable advocacy efforts by promoting the unique role and value of family physicians through stories of impact/strategic communications.
Support, acknowledge, and celebrate family physicians through all stages of their careers.
- Nurture the future of family medicine by providing supports to medical students, residents, and family physicians in their first five years of practice.
- Build strong peer relationships amongst family physicians by supporting connections and networking across our membership.
- Celebrate family physicians through stories of impact and acknowledgment.
Advocate for culturally safe health care and demonstrate anti-racist approaches to address health equity.
- Meet BCCFP’s commitments within the Declaration of Commitment to Cultural Safety and Humility by forging and strengthening partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
- Build awareness and understanding of health equity and what it means to be anti-racist.
- Embed cultural safety and humility and anti-racism throughout the BCCFP’s work.