Date: 28 April (Sat, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
Venue: Hardwick Hall; UBC Medical Student & Alumni Centre
Location: 2750 Heather Street, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4M2
Few doctors feel comfortable prescribing exercise to their patients… Do you? This interactive half-day workshop is designed to empower primary health care providers with the skills, confidence, and tools to provide exercise counselling and prescription to patients of all ages.
- Review evidence for the harms of physical inactivity and benefits of physical activity,
- Understand the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines for patients of all ages,
- Learn to incorporate the Exercise Vital Sign into your office visits in 1 minute, or less!
- Use simple motivation interview strategies, to reframe barriers and enhance behavioural change,
- Is exercise safe? Do I need to medically clear patients for exercise? Learn what the best approach is for your patients with pre-existing chronic disease.
Credits:7 Mainpro+ credits.