On April 12, the BCCFP released the results of updated public and member polling that explores the state of family medicine in BC. The research formed the basis of the My Family Doctor Cares campaign, which the BCCFP launched in order to sound the alarm on the family doctor crisis and advocate for changes to the system to allow recruitment and retention of more family doctors in the practice of family medicine.
The awareness and advocacy campaign has generated hundreds or news stories in recent months. See coverage highlights below:
2. CKNW 980 – Mornings with Simi, interview with Dr. Katrin Lovett
3. CKNW 980, The Jill Bennet Show, interview with Dr. Marjorie Docherty
15. CKNW 980 – Mornings with Simi, interview with Dr. Birinder Narang
17. The Georgia Straight, an open letter to Minister Adrian Dix from family physicans in their first five years of practice
30. CBC Listen, Interview with Dr. Rita McCracken and Camille Currie – Primary and Urgent Care Centres