The CFPC’s Honours and Awards Program distributes approximately $500,000 annually in awards, grants, and scholarships to family physicians at all stages of their careers.
Some of the applications due on February 1 are listed below. For more information about these and other opportunities visit the Foundation for Advancing Family Medicine website.
- Are you a family doc in a remote or rural area using innovating methods to serve your community? Apply for a Marco Terwiel Award and receive up to $2,500!
- Are you part of a network of family docs and healthcare professionals coordinating comprehensive care in your community? Apply for a Patient’s Medical Home Grant! You could receive up to $4,000.
- Up to $5,000 is available to support research in adolescent mental health and substance abuse. Find out more about the Daniel Glazier Research Grant.
- $2,000 is available to support research on health disparities in vulnerable communities. Applications are due February 1 – family medicine residents are eligible! Learn more.
- Up to $5,000 is available to family physicians seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills in hospice palliative care. Applications are due February 1.
- Up to $5,000 is available to support the development of clinical programs or tools to help family physicians in assessing and treating adolescent mental health and substance abuse. Applications are due February 1. Find out more about the Daniel Glazier CPD Grant.
- Up to $2,500 is available to support CFPC members in engaging in global health care projects either in Canada or abroad and in promoting family medicine abroad.