The BCCFP has committed to advocating for culturally safe health care and demonstrating anti-racist approaches to address health equity. The BCCFP Cultural Safety and Humility Grants Program (CS&H Grants) aims to support family physicians to continue or initiate new culturally safe practices.
CS&H Grants are available to BCCFP members. Seven grants will be awarded in values up to $5,000.
Grants will be awarded that support or enhance cultural safety and humility among family physicians for initiatives that:
- Assist family physicians to engage and develop relationships with First Nations and Indigenous people within their communities.
- Embed CS&H into an integral aspect of the community-based family practice, Patient’s Medical Home, or primary care network.
- Create or modify tools and/or resources, and quality improvement mechanisms to better care for Indigenous Patients.
- Support the creation of a network or community of practice to pool and acquire knowledge and practical ways to incorporate CS&H into practice.
- Develop a mechanism whereby family physician voices can be heard and lent to advocacy efforts around CS&H to create a climate for change.
For more information and to apply: Cultural Safety and Humility Grants – BCCFP