Do you have a bright idea to help family physicians address the SDH?
The BC College of Family Physicians (BCCFP) is offering a unique funding opportunity to enable our members to create or modify tools/resources that will help BC family physicians to address the social determinants of health (SDH).
The one-time SDH Grants Program will award up to eight grants of up to $5,000 each to the successful applicants, who must be BCCFP members. It’s easy to apply, and applications are due by December 17, 2018.
To learn more, review the SDH Grants Application Guide To apply, download and save the two-page SDH Grant Application Form. When you have completed the fillable form on your computer, please email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the grants, form or process, please email email@example.com.
Is your initiative eligible for a grant?
Grants will be awarded to initiatives that support education, empowerment and advocacy for projects that:
- develop a mechanism whereby family physician voices can be heard and lent to advocacy efforts addressing the SDH;
- create or modify tools and/or resources for patients for whom SDH may have an impact;
- identify patients for whom the SDH could have an impact on their health and wellness;
- incorporate SDH into an integral aspect of the Patient’s Medical Home/ primary care network;
- support the creation of a network or community of practice to pool and acquire relevant knowledge around the SDH; or
- assist family physicians in addressing the SDH within their practices or communities.
We look forward to working with you to help empower family physicians to address health equity.