Call for Nominations for the BCCFP Board of Directors in 2017-2018
Would you like an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the advancement of quality family practice in BC? Join the Board of BC College of Family Physicians and help ensure that the work we do embodies the direction of our Strategic Plan and the learning and advocacy needs of our members.
The BC College of Family Physicians is the professional home of family medicine in BC, providing leadership, support, advocacy and education and we are looking for Board members who reflect the scope and diversity of family practice in BC. We have three (3) positions coming up for election this year. We are seeking nominations from across the province – encouraging those individuals with a passion for family medicine and governance to put their name forward. Members with strong financial literacy skills are encouraged to apply. Nominations for election to the 2017/18 Board of Directors are open until September 21 at 10 am.
Please note that eligible members will receive with a link to the online nominations form on August 21.
What is the role of the Board?
- Board members are committed individuals willing to assume a leadership role in the governance of this provincial organization. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Board is responsible for establishing strategic direction; advocating for family practice in British Columbia; and supporting excellence in leadership and governance.
What are the terms of the director positions?
- The terms are set at three years, commencing after the AGM on October 28, 2017.
What is expected of Board members?
- Participation in at least five board meetings annually, in Vancouver. The first meeting will take place on Saturday, November 4, 2017. Dates of meetings for the remaining of the year will be set once the new Board is elected.
- Depending on skills and interests, roles may include chairing or participating on committees, providing subject specific advice, and/or participating in provincial events.
What are the benefits of being a Board Member?
- An opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the advancement of quality family practice in
- Working with a dedicated and passionate group of professionals
What Are Requirements for Nomination to the Board?
- Be an active or senior member of the BCCFP in good standing and consent to be nominated
- Consent to an interview with a member of the Nominating Committee prior to the election
- Complete the Skills Matrix matrix prior to the election
- Consent to have a photo and candidate’s statement posted on our website and circulated to all members prior to the election
2017 Election Timeline
August 21 at 8:00 am
– Call for nominations goes out and the nomination period begins
September 21 at 10:00 am
– Nomination period closes
September 21 to October 1
– Nominating Committee reviews and meets with candidates (by telephone or videoconference). An election is called if necessary.
– Written candidate statements and photos appear on the BCCFP website – Notice of election sent out October 6
October 6 to October 23 at 9:00 am
– Election Period, online ballots open on October 6 at 9:00am
October 24 to Oct 26
– Voting closes and election results received by BCCFP Executive Director. The Nominations Committee will contact all nominees.
October 28 at AGM
– Results announced publicly at the Annual General Meeting.